BY Tom Mugisha and Timothy Sibasi
KAMPALA- The ruling National Resistance Movement (NRM) will starting this Monday November 6th, conduct consultative meetings across the country on the Age Limit Bill that seeks to remove the 75-year age cap on presidency.
A statement issued by the NRM spokesperson, Rodgers Mulindwa on Sunday said senior party leaders will start meetings in different parts of the country tomorrow.
“The National Party Chairperson Gen. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has already deployed his senior cadres to take lead in the exercise that will last not more than seven working days,” the statement reads.
Here is the list of the party officials and the regions will consult.
- Greater Masaka: Al-Hajji Moses Kigongo.
- Acholi: Hon. Richard Todwong.
- Kampala: Hon. Rose Namayanja, Mr. Godfrey Nyakana & Dr. Hassan Galiwango.
- Greater Luwero & Mukono: Hajji Abdul Nadduli.
- Greater Mubende: Hon Ruth Nankabirwa.
- Greater Mpigi: Hon Mathias Kasamba.
- West Nile: Hon Hudu Oleru & Hajji Nasur Gaddafi.
- Lango: Hon Sam Engola & Hon Lydia Wanyoto.
- Karamoja: Hon Simon Peter Aleper & Mr. Gabriel Kato.
- Busoga: Hon. Ali Kirunda Kivejinja & Hon Milton Muwuma.
- Bukedi: Hon. Mike Mukula.
- Sebei & Elgon: Hon Dominic Gidudu.
- Teso: Dr. Kenneth Omona.
- Bunyoro: Hon Kahinda Otafire & Mr. Oscar Kihika.
- Rwenzori: Hon Matayo Kyaligonza & Dr. Robert Rukaari.
- Ankoke: Hon Maj. Gen. Jim Muhwezi & Mr. James Twegeyo.
- Kigezi: Rt. Hon Ruhankana Rugunda.
The Party Secretariat in Kampala has already dispatched off its advance teams to different Sub Regions to lay ground for the arrival of the senior party officials.
In an interview with the communications manager at the NRM Party Secretariat, Rogers Mulindwa revealed that “the Party Secretariat in Kampala has already dispatched off its advance teams to different Sub Regions to lay ground for the arrival of the senior party officials.”
The move is a clear indicator that president Museveni who doubles as the party’s national chairman is ready for a showdown in a do or die battle to have the 75 years Age Limit for a president removed from the constitution to open a deadly and undemocratic edge of life presidents in Uganda starting with him.
However, the international community remains silent as well as regional bodies like IGAD, and the African Union as the political environment in Uganda gradually slides to the edge of violence that is likely to build into an armed struggle or civil war.
Copyright ©2017 Alleastafrica.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Alleastafrica.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Alleastafrica.com