A local court based in the Sudanese capital Khartoum has ordered telecommunication network provider, Zain, to re-open internet service saying it has let to lost of money from the citizens according to a court order obtained by the Nyamilepedia.
The internet shutdown by the ruling military junta is in its third week and several companies, according to the order, have been unable to carry our services according to complains file in the court.
The Khartoum District Court on Sunday ordered Zain to reinstate the Internet after it was ordered by the ruling military junta after the sit-in took place before the General Command.
Sudanese prominent lawyer, Abdel-Azim al-Hassan, sued the telecommunication company and on Sunday, the Khartoum District Court ordered the company to reopen the internet.
“A lawsuit was filed ten days ago and today Judge Awatif Abdul Latif ordered the Communications Authority to restore the Internet immediately,” the lawyer, Hassan said in a statement adding that the authorities have two weeks to appeal the ruling.
Last month, the official spokesman of the military military junta, Shams al-Din al-Kabbashi, said in a statement that the internet and social media networking sites pose a threat to national security in the country.
“Social networking sites pose a threat to national security, and we will not allow them to be returned,” Al-Kabbashi said earlier this month.