Five victims of the Gikomba fire tragedy have succumbed to their injuries while undergoing treatment at Kenyatta National Hospital.
So far, 15 people have been confirmed dead after suffering burns and chocking on poisonous fumes.
Among those who died at KNH on Thursday morning are on woman and four children, all girls.
KNH CEO Thomas Mutie said they received 70 patients, including 28 males and 42 females, among them 17 children.
He said the patients are being managed for shock, burns and smoke inhalation burns.
According to Dr Mutie, majority of the patients are being treated for anxiety, burns and soft tissue injuries.
So far 24 have been treated and discharged while 41 have been admitted to the national referral hospital.
Five patients, the CEO said, sustained burns above 30 per cent and are admitted in ICU for specialised treatment.
“We are hoping that we will be able to arrest the situation as early as possible to avoid more deaths. The ones in ICU are stable,” Dr Mutie said
“KNH has established an information centre to help inpatients tracing, information as well as enhance reunion with their relatives.”
The hospital, he said, was doing its best to save lives.
“We wish to assure relatives and public that KNH is providing the most possible health care services and we are optimistic that the patient’s condition will improve soon.